Buy or Sell a Business
Services for Buying or Selling a Business
selling your Business
One of this issue that business owners face when selling their business is waiting too late to find out they are not going to receive what they expected for their business. Instead if you know you want to sell your business in 3-5 years, you have time to affect the value of your business at the time of sale.
Factors impacting the price of a business include:
- Current Bank Interest Rates
- Whether the Business is Public or Private
- Industry of the Business
- Size of the Business
- Business Risk Factors
Business risk has the most impact on the multiples of earnings that you will receive for your business. Business risk is the most controllable factor by the business and the business owner.
Buying a Business
Many business owners looking to buy a business do not understand the true value of the business they are looking to buy, as many acquisitions are emotional and it is not until the acquisition is final that they realize the business is what they expected it to be.
It is possible before you buy a business to evaluate the risk factors that drive value in the business as well as how the business is performing internally based on best practices to minimize the risk of the purchase of the business you wish to acquire.
At Rudy Fischer,CPA, we are able to help you understand the risk factors that affect business value for both an seller or an acquirer along with helping you plan a smooth transition.
Succession and Transitioning Services
We provide the following services under succession and transitioning services for business owners looking to sell or transition their business to a family member in the next 3-5 years.
- Exit Readiness Plan: An exit readiness plan helps you determine the risk factors and performance factors that will affect the value of your business. A preliminary valuation estimate is done on the business along with a initial plan of what is required to increase the value over a period of time.
- Transition Readiness Plan: The Transition Readiness Plan looks at both the old management and the new management that will take over the business and determine the Gap from where the business is today to where it should be to increase the value and the performance for the business.
- Exit Program Planning: Exit Program planning takes the exit readiness plan and translates it to an actual plan of action.
- Exit Implementation: The Exit Implementation Plan is based on the Exit Program Plan and will utilize the coaching, facilitation, or consulting required to implement the plan to stage the business and get it ready for sale or transition.
Business Coaching And Advisory Services
When you are looking to sell or buy a business , help is usually required to perform the necessary action steps to achieve your goals. In many cases business owners require guidance and help in acquiring the skills needed to navigate the steps to buy or sell a business.
- Business Coaching: Based on questions about your business, an action and coaching plan will be put in place to help get ready to buy or sell a business.
Our offices are located in Southwestern Ontario, but we are able to provide services remotely across Canada. We do not provide business coaching onsite except within our local area, but provide other consulting services onsite that are a minimum of a day if you are located in Peterborough, Orillia, Clarington, Bowmanville, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Scarborough, Toronto, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, King City, Brampton, Caledon, Bolton, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Hamilton, Guelph, Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo, and Windsor. Our local service area for onsite services under one day is Sarnia, Chatham, and London.
For services outside our service area within Canada who require onsite services, please contact me to determine how we may best service your requirements.
Copyright Rudy Fischer, CPA, 2018 All Rights Reserved.
Rudy Fischer, CPA, CMA | (877) 504-2049ext 102 | firstname.lastname@example.org